Sunday, 8 November 2009

Questionnaire Results - Graphs + Conclusions (Task 8/9)

Gender


Conclusion: Most of the people I asked were female so the choices I make about my magazine will be biased towards females rather than males.


Age


Conclusion: I managed to cover a wide range of ages with my questionnaire. Most of the people I asked were between sixteen and twenty years old so my magazine will probably be biased towards them. However there were also a large number of people aged over twenty five so this might balance out the bias.


1. What is your favourite colour?


Conclusion: Out of the twenty people that I asked, a quarter of them said that blue was their favourite colour so I will make sure this colour is predominant in my magazine but also include other colours.


2. Which kind of colours do you prefer to see inside a magazine?


Conclusion: A large majority of the twenty people I asked stated that they preferred to have bright and bold colours in a magazine rather than light colours and pastel shades so I will include these types of colours more than lighter colours.


3. How often do you/would you buy a magazine?


Conclusion: I asked twenty people how often they buy or would consider buying a magazine and gave them the choices of ‘weekly’, ‘fortnightly’, ‘monthly’ and ‘quarterly. Seven out of the twenty people picked monthly and six chose fortnightly so I will choose one of these two frequencies for the magazine that I create.


4. How much are you willing to pay for a music magazine?


Conclusion: Eight out of the twenty people I asked said that they would be willing to pay between two and three pound for a music magazine and seven said that they would pay between one and two pound so for the magazine that I create, I will choose a price in one of these ranges depending on what frequency I decide on.


5. On a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being definitely and 5 being definitely not, how much would you like to see the following features in a music magazine?

News about bands/artists



Conclusion: A large majority of the people I asked said that they would definitely like to have news about bands and artists in a music magazine so I will include this as content in my magazine.


Pictures


Conclusion: Twelve out of the twenty people I asked said they would definitely like to see pictures in a music magazine and only two people said definitely not, so I will include images in the magazine that I create.


Gig Guide


Conclusion: Seven out of the twenty people I asked said that they would definitely like to have a gig guide featured in a music magazine and nobody said that they definitely would not, so I will include a gig guide as regular content in the magazine that I create.


Reviews


Conclusion: A majority of the people I asked said that they would like reviews in a music magazine so I will probably include reviews as regular content in the magazine that I create.


Interviews


Conclusion: Twelve out of the twenty people I asked said that they would definitely like to have interviews in a music magazine so I will include one or two interviews with bands and artists as a feature in the magazine that I create.


Letters from readers


Conclusion: There was a mixed response from the twenty people I asked about letters from readers and most people answered in the middle. However, eight people chose the more negative answers and seven chose the more positive answers so I will have to decide whether or not I will include letters in my magazine.


6. Would you be more likely to buy a magazine if it had a free gift e.g. a CD?


Conclusion: A large majority of the twenty people I asked said that they would be more likely to buy a magazine if it came with a free gift so to encourage people to buy my magazine, I will include a free gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment