Monday, 28 September 2009

Preliminary Exercise Tasks 1-4

Today I started the preliminary exercise. For this I have to use desktop publishing and an image manipulation program to create the front cover of a new school magazine. The front cover has to include a photograph of a student in medium close up and some appropriately laid-out text. I also have to produce a mock-up of a contents page. I have nine different tasks to complete and today I started on the first four.

For task one, I had to come up with a title, coverlines and details of the mise-en-scene for the magazine. I decided on the title "School Today" and I came up with four different coverlines which were "Learn to love languages on Language Day", "School food gets a facelift", "Raise money on Pink Day" and "Welcome to the new year 7". I also came up with "Win! A theatre trip!".

For task two, I had to draw a rough sketch of my magazine front cover.



(Click image to enlarge)

For task three, I had to list the regular content of my magazine as well as ten feature articles that will appear in the magazine. Finally I had to list the images that will appear in my contents page. I decided that I would use three or four images in my contents page of pictures such as fruit for the school food feature and other pictures that are relevant to the features. I managed to come up with six or seven feature articles.

I had to produce a rough sketch of my contents page for task four.



(Click image to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment